I’ll usually only post recipes that work and that I like – I figure that nobody is interested in failures. My recipes are from all over – some are mine, others are adapted from various sources, and some I have no idea where they originally came from. If I know an original source, I will always credit it.
I usually give ingredients in weight measures as it’s more accurate, particularly in baking. Otherwise, I use standard British measurements.
From time to time, I receive products from various suppliers to test and I mention it when I do. If you are interested in working with me drop me an email.
Feel free to use and share the recipes – that’s what they are for. I just ask that you link to my post and credit http://www.theundergroundbaker.com.
My favourite things
In no particular order, my kitchen wouldn’t be complete without a few appliances and gadgets:
- Kenny (OK, so he’s number one. That’s my Kenwood mixer for those new to the site – and no, they don’t pay me to rave about it)
- citrus zester
- sharp knives
- heavy bottomed fry pans and pots
- baking paper
- electronic scales
- candy and meat thermometers
- a range of cake tins – check out your local thrift store for good quality second hand options
- my Nespresso machine (essential when reading other blogs or recipes)